We follow the Government’s Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework which sets the standards for learning, development, and care for children from birth up to 5 years of age.
“Monkey Puzzle is a fun, caring, stimulating and highly educational nursery. It has the balance of individual attention for the children with a wide variety of activities and themes. There is a focus on delivering a wide range of experiences with regards to attention cultures, religions and backgrounds that the children love. Monkey Puzzle has been excellent for both the early academic development and personal growth of my children.”
The principles which guide the work of our Early Years Professionals are grouped into four themes:
- A unique child – every child is a competent leaner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self assured
- Positive Relationships – children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or key person
- Enabling Environments – the environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning
- Learning and Development – children develop and learn in different ways and at different times; all areas of learning and development are equally important and inter-connected.
There are three prime areas of learning in which our Early Years Professionals support children to learn and develop. These are:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language
- Physical development
Plus four specific areas of learning. These are:
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Expressive arts and design
Each child has their own key person to enable them to feel reassured, safe and cared for within our setting. This person also keeps a detailed Learning Journey of the child’s progress during their time with us. These records are available to be viewed and discussed at any time by parents, who are always encouraged to add details of their child’s experiences from outside the nursery.